Most Popular

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Jeff created this blog at the beginning of the year (2015) in an attempt to record our life, I guess. Obviously he didn't make it very far. 2 posts in a month, and then nothing... Anyways, we were talking about everything that we have going on and all the things that we are passionate about. I was like, "We need to blog about all that!" Then he informed me that we did in fact have a family blog.

So here I am, sitting in front of the computer, attempting to blog. What I really should be doing is reading one of my many textbooks for this semester. I am currently working towards a Master's degree in Biblical Counseling. This semester I am taking Baptist Heritage, New Testament I and Pre-Marital and Marital Counseling. 

Baptist Heritage and New Testament I are required classes, regardless of what your degree program is. I began this semester thinking that Baptist Heritage was going to be the most boring class ever. I mean, it's history. But let me tell you, it isn't just history. It's heritage! It's the story of how Baptists became Baptists and everything that they went through to get there. It's the story of people reading the Bible, standing up for what the Bible actually says and being slaughtered specifically for trying to live out Scripture. It's the story of what our lives should be today! I'm not saying that the Baptist way is the only "right" denomination or the that Baptists are the only ones who understand scripture or that Baptists are the only ones with salvation. I'm not saying that at all. But I am saying that we should live with the same zeal and fervor of the early Anabaptists and Baptists. We should live that faithfully to Christ and His Word. We should read the Bible and be ready to sacrifice all that we have and all that we are simply to uphold the Truth found there. I should be doing that. I want faith like that!

Anyways, I'm going to be learning a lot this semester. I hope that I will be able to come here and share what I'll be learning and how we as a family intend to apply it to our lives.